32 Hours of Advanced Training
Assessment, Treatment, and Rehab
The most comprehensive shoulder course available.
There is one inclusion criterion to attending this course, and that is: Your mission is to be the best clinician you can be with the ultimate goal of raising the bar (your bar, my bar, ‘their’ bar) of patient care.
How it all fits together
Online: 20 Hours
18 Hours of self-paced coursework, including
- The Shoulder: An Integrated Approach to Manual Therapy and Rehab, and
- Scapular Dyskinesis and the Shoulder: A Clinical & Critical Review
90-minutes live online
- Group case presentations and Q&A
30-minutes live online
- 1-on-1 post-course mentorship session
In Person: 12 Hours
We will move through the in-person course using clinical case scenarios generated from real patients with real outcomes. Each clinical case scenario will feature practical and applied content, unique skills, and principles of rehabilitation for the unique patient presentation.
Each clinical case scenario will highlight primary principles of clinical reasoning:
- DDx and identifying the most probable pathoanatomical, functional and pathophysiological diagnosis.
- Identify provocative and pain-free patterns to establish optimal entry points for building movement competency and quality, load tolerance, and capacity.
- Backdoor rehab to optimize everything - activation, and engagement of all that is available to optimize health habits so you and your patients stop swimming upstream.
- Training Movement and Motor Control – Make the general specific and specific general (hint: it’s not about the exercise)
- Know when to leverage manual therapy for optimal outcomes and when it may be irrelevant.
- Managing expectations, outcomes, and prognosis.
Each clinical case scenario will highlight specific skills – manual techniques, exercise applications for motor control, stability, strength, stamina, load tolerance, and/or functional capacity.
In Clinical Practice
Live Portion Location: Calgary, AB | Oct 5-6