TMJ, Cervical Spine, and Headaches: The Eclectic Approach – Calgary 2019
September 14 @ 8:00 am - September 15 @ 5:00 pm MDT$595 – $795
The Eclectic Approach to TMD presents a modern manual therapy look at the evaluation and treatment of Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction. There is a lack of knowledge in the screening and treatment of this condition which may be affecting many of your upper quarter patients, especially those with concurrent headaches and/or cervical dysfunction. The Eclectic Approach uses Movement Screen and a Repeated Motions Exam to help classify the patient and find relevant movement and motor control issues. A strong emphasis on modern Pain Science Education and home exercises is used to make the patient independent of passive care. Manual therapy uses The EDGE Tool for Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Manipulation or IASTM, as well as joint mobilization for the upper cervical spine and TMJ, function mobilization, and thrust manipulation of the cervical and upper thoracic regions.
In This Course
- Movement Screen, Breathing Patterns, and Repeated Motions based evaluation
- Postural education and how it affects the mandible position
- An emphasis on patient education and self treatment
- IASTM with the EDGE Tool, soft tissue manipulation to the mandible elevators
- Joint mobilizations of the TMJ, cervical, and thoracic spines
- Thrust manipulation of the cervical and thoracic spine
- Home exercises, Repeated Motions based resets and progressions
Pictures from TMJ, Cervical Spine, and Headaches
- Describe the relevant cervicocraniomandibular anatomy
- Describe the effects of head/neck posture on mandible position
- Perform a UQ Movement Screen and Repeated Motions Exam to help classify the patient for movement strategies and manual therapy
- Educate the patient on self care and self assessment
- Perform a variety of soft tissue and joint mobilization/thrust manipulation to reset the patient’s nervous system
About the Instructor
Dr. Erson Religioso III, DPT, MS, MTC, CertMDT, CFC, FMS, FMT, FAAOMPT, is a fellowship trained cash based PT practice owner, entrepreneur, blogger, and sought after lecturer in the topic of Modern Manual Therapy. He has a #CashPT Practice in the Buffalo, NY area, EDGE Rehab and Sports Science, where he specializes in TMD, headaches, spinal care, runners, gymnasts, and chronic pain. His focus is seeing the patient as little as possible, and empowering them with education, self assessment and treatment strategies.
Dr. Religioso is adjunct faculty of SUNY at Buffalo, where he teaches orthopaedic manual physical therapy in the DPT program. He also developed a line of manual therapy, mobility, fitness, strength, and rehab products along with pain science education materials at The EDGE Mobility System.
Modern Manual Therapy - The Eclectic Approach is Dr. Religioso’s line of seminars for clinicians that are taught online and in live venues around the world. The Eclectic Approach started with Modern Manual Therapy, and has expanded to include Modern Strength Training, and Modern Patient Education.
Dr. E is now offering his services as both an online clinical mentor to clinicians at Modern Rehab Mastery, travelling OMPT Fellowship mentor, online patient consultations, and online business and social media consultation, #CashPT start up with LeBauer Consulting. He also is part of media company, UpDoc Media, with 2 podcasts, Therapy Insiders and Untold Physio Stories.
Erson is a family man, married to the best woman in the world, and currently has 5 beautiful children. He enjoys running with them, watching them in competitive gymnastics and watching Disney/Pixar movies. He is also a huge tech geek and loves all things Marvel, Star Wars, and Star Trek. If you see Dr. E out and about, or at a seminar, ask him to grab a beer or coffee and talk about shop or anything!