Modern Manual Therapy – Toronto 2019
December 7 @ 8:00 am - December 8 @ 5:00 pm EST$115 – $795
Enhance your existing toolbox with an evidence-based framework for assessment and treatment.
Have you been wanting to expand your knowledge by learning a comprehensive assessment and treatment protocol to upper quarter pain and dysfunction? If so, this course will provide you the assessment and treatment tools for working with the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine as well as the shoulder, elbow, wrists, hip, knee, and ankle.
A comprehensive movement screen and repeated motions will be used as evaluation tools. Home exercises for patients will be covered as there is an emphasis on patient education and self treatment.
In This Course
- The principles of Eval, Reset, and Stabilize
- Movement Screen and Repeated Motions based evaluation
- Neurodynamic testing median, radial, ulnar nerves and sciatic and femoral nerves
- Thrust manipulation of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Massage (IASTM) with the EDGE Tool
- Neurodynamic treatment
- Functional mobilization of the hip, knee, and ankle
- Home exercises, repeated motions based resets and using the EDGE Mobility Bands
- An emphasis on patient education and self treatment
Pictures from Modern Manual Therapy: The Eclectic Approach to Upper and Lower Quarter Assessment and Treatment.
Upon successful completion of this course the participant will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of modern manual therapy with neurophysiologic mechanisms
- Will be able to evaluate and treat common movement pattern dysfunctions in both the upper and lower quadrants of the body
- Use traditional soft tissue manipulation, functional release, compression wrapping and instrument
assisted soft tissue manipulation, joint manipulation and other orthopaedic manual therapy treatments to increase the compliance of patient HEP
- Understand the indications and contraindications to IASTM, spinal manipulation, neurodynamics
- Be able to prescribe patient self treatment with mode and patient education
- Be able to give the patient informed consent for treatment
- Use a Movement Screen and a Repeated Motions Exam for Test and ReTest of the Patient’s Function and Symptoms
About the Instructor
Dr. Erson Religioso III, DPT, MS, MTC, CertMDT, CFC, FMS, FMT, FAAOMPT, is a fellowship trained cash based PT practice owner, entrepreneur, blogger, and sought after lecturer in the topic of Modern Manual Therapy. He has a #CashPT Practice in the Buffalo, NY area, EDGE Rehab and Sports Science, where he specializes in TMD, headaches, spinal care, runners, gymnasts, and chronic pain. His focus is seeing the patient as little as possible, and empowering them with education, self assessment and treatment strategies.
Dr. Religioso is adjunct faculty of SUNY at Buffalo, where he teaches orthopaedic manual physical therapy in the DPT program. He also developed a line of manual therapy, mobility, fitness, strength, and rehab products along with pain science education materials at The EDGE Mobility System.
Modern Manual Therapy - The Eclectic Approach is Dr. Religioso’s line of seminars for clinicians that are taught online and in live venues around the world. The Eclectic Approach started with Modern Manual Therapy, and has expanded to include Modern Strength Training, and Modern Patient Education.
Dr. E is now offering his services as both an online clinical mentor to clinicians at Modern Rehab Mastery, travelling OMPT Fellowship mentor, online patient consultations, and online business and social media consultation, #CashPT start up with LeBauer Consulting. He also is part of media company, UpDoc Media, with 2 podcasts, Therapy Insiders and Untold Physio Stories.
Erson is a family man, married to the best woman in the world, and currently has 5 beautiful children. He enjoys running with them, watching them in competitive gymnastics and watching Disney/Pixar movies. He is also a huge tech geek and loves all things Marvel, Star Wars, and Star Trek. If you see Dr. E out and about, or at a seminar, ask him to grab a beer or coffee and talk about shop or anything!