Modern Manual Therapy – Toronto 2019
December 7, 2019 @ 8:00 am - December 8, 2019 @ 5:00 pm PST$115 – $795
Enhance your existing toolbox with an evidence-based framework for assessment and treatment.
Have you been wanting to expand your knowledge by learning a comprehensive assessment and treatment protocol to upper quarter pain and dysfunction? If so, this course will provide you the assessment and treatment tools for working with the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine as well as the shoulder, elbow, wrists, hip, knee, and ankle.
A comprehensive movement screen and repeated motions will be used as evaluation tools. Home exercises for patients will be covered as there is an emphasis on patient education and self treatment.
In This Course
- The principles of Eval, Reset, and Stabilize
- Movement Screen and Repeated Motions based evaluation
- Neurodynamic testing median, radial, ulnar nerves and sciatic and femoral nerves
- Thrust manipulation of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Massage (IASTM) with the EDGE Tool
- Neurodynamic treatment
- Functional mobilization of the hip, knee, and ankle
- Home exercises, repeated motions based resets and using the EDGE Mobility Bands
- An emphasis on patient education and self treatment
Pictures from Modern Manual Therapy: The Eclectic Approach to Upper and Lower Quarter Assessment and Treatment.
Upon successful completion of this course the participant will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of modern manual therapy with neurophysiologic mechanisms
- Will be able to evaluate and treat common movement pattern dysfunctions in both the upper and lower quadrants of the body
- Use traditional soft tissue manipulation, functional release, compression wrapping and instrument
assisted soft tissue manipulation, joint manipulation and other orthopaedic manual therapy treatments to increase the compliance of patient HEP
- Understand the indications and contraindications to IASTM, spinal manipulation, neurodynamics
- Be able to prescribe patient self treatment with mode and patient education
- Be able to give the patient informed consent for treatment
- Use a Movement Screen and a Repeated Motions Exam for Test and ReTest of the Patient’s Function and Symptoms
About the Instructor
Dr. Erson Religioso III graduated from D'Youville College in 1998 with a dual Bachelor's of Science and Master's of Science in Physical Therapy. His interests in Orthopaedics and Manual Therapy lead him to pursue a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from the University of St. Augustine. Studying under Stanley Paris, PhD, PT, internationally known for his manual skills and knowledge of the spine as well as his distinguished faculty, Dr. Religioso earned his DPT and Manual Therapy Certification in 2000. He later became credentialed in Mechanical Diagnosis and Treatment of the Spine in 2000, and in 2008 became one of four mentors in the country who can train orthopaedic manual therapy to MDT Diplomats, of which there are only several hundred in the world.
Thanks to extensive training and certification from Dr. Mariano Rocabado, PT, of Chile, one of the world’s foremost experts in treatment of temporomandibular joint dysfunction, Dr. Religioso became certified in evaluation and treatment of oromaxillary, craniofacial, and temporomandibular pain in 2005. Later in 2005, he obtained Fellow status in the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists and serves as a mentor for future Fellows through Daemen College’s Fellowship in OMPT program.
Dr. Religioso is adjunct faculty of SUNY at Buffalo, where he teaches orthopaedic manual physical therapy in the DPT program. He founded themanualtherapist.com to help mentor and teach professionals around the world and physioanswers.com to help educate consumers and the general public on the profession of physical/physiotherapy.