Fasting, Keto, and Carbs – Vancouver 2019
February 9 @ 8:00 am - February 10 @ 5:00 pm PST$345 – $545
It goes without saying that you've probably caught wind of the latest trends in nutritional intervention. It seems as though every second person in the health industry as a very strong opinion about these three topics:
1 - The Ketogenic Diet,
2 - Fasting (Intermittent and otherwise), and
3 - Carbohydrates as Fuel.
And yet, what we often find on the internet (a world of self-proclaimed gurus and sensationalized outcomes) is extremely mixed messages. Even the highly educated and skeptical among us are left scratching their heads a little, trying to do their best jobs to wade through the mounds of research, explore plausible scientific mechanisms, justify the validity of the sources, and come to our own conclusions.
This course has the answers.
Dr Mike T Nelson, PhD, has done the work for us. He's poured over the research with an academic and skeptical eye. He dived deep into the chemical and biological mechanisms to understand what claims have credence and which claims are overstated or false. He saved us all the time in reading all of the research, wading through the endless pools of jargon and marketing claims. And he's emerged on the other side, armed with the two things that all of us need:
Scientific Implications and Real World Applications
So, if you as a professional want to give confident, science-based, and mechanistically-sound advice on these extremely complex topics, this course is for you. There will be no dogma. There will be no sales-pitch. There will be no "this is good and that is bad". There will be only the answers, the explanations, and the nitty-gritty applications that we're all thirsting for.
Pictures from Dr Mike T Nelson's Library.
Upon successful completion of this course the participant will:
- Explain and apply the base tenets of metabolic flexibility.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the biochemical and chemical pathways associated with differing sources of human fuelling.
- Understand the predictors of which fuel source is being used when.
- Clearly and precisely describe the implications of various styles of nutritional intervention.
- Demonstrate understanding of the full spectrum of research on the topics of ketogenic diets, fasting, and metabolic flexibility.
- Describe the benefits and drawbacks of using each style of nutritional approach for performance, body composition, and longevity.
- Apply new understanding of scientific mechanisms in real world situations.
About the Instructor
Dr. Mike T. Nelson has spent 18 years of his life learning how the human body works, specifically focusing on how to properly condition it to burn fat and become stronger, more flexible, and healthier. He’s has a PhD in Exercise Physiology, a BA in Natural Science, and an MS in Biomechanics. He’s an adjunct professor and a member of the American College of Sports Medicine.
He’s been called in to share his techniques with top government agencies. The techniques he’s developed, and the results Mike gets for his clients have been featured in international magazines, in scientific publications, and on websites across the globe.