Enhance your existing toolbox with an evidence-based framework for assessment and treatment.
Have you been wanting to expand your knowledge by learning a comprehensive assessment and treatment protocol to upper quarter pain and dysfunction? If so, this course will provide you the assessment and treatment tools for working with the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine as well as the shoulder, elbow, wrists, hip, knee, and ankle.
A comprehensive movement screen and repeated motions will be used as evaluation tools. Home exercises for patients will be covered as there is an emphasis on patient education and self treatment.
- The principles of Eval, Reset, and Stabilize
- Movement Screen and Repeated Motions based evaluation
- Neurodynamic testing ? median, radial, ulnar nerves and sciatic and femoral nerves
- Thrust manipulation of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Massage (IASTM) with the EDGE Tool
- Neurodynamic treatment
- Functional mobilization of the hip, knee, and ankle
- Home exercises, repeated motions based resets and using the EDGE Mobility Bands
- An emphasis on patient education and self treatment
Upon successful completion of this course the participant will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the eclectic approach to modern manual therapy with neurophysiologic mechanisms
- Will be able to evaluate and treat common movement pattern dysfunctions in both the upper and lower quadrants of the body
- Use traditional soft tissue manipulation, functional release, compression wrapping and instrument
assisted soft tissue manipulation, joint manipulation and other orthopaedic manual therapy treatments to increase the compliance of patient HEP
- Understand the indications and contraindications to IASTM, spinal manipulation, neurodynamics
- Be able to prescribe patient self treatment with mode and patient education
- Be able to give the patient informed consent for treatment
- Use a Movement Screen and a Repeated Motions Exam for Test and Re?Test of the Patient?s Function and Symptoms